Mineral Wells Index
Current and prospective community and business leaders can access the knowledge and experience of world-renowned leaders by attending Chick-fil-A Leadercast at Link Field Services in Mineral Wells from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday, May 4.
Organized locally by the Mineral Wells Area Chamber of Commerce, Chick-fil-A Leadercast is a one-day leader development live broadcast event from Atlanta to hundreds of sites throughout the nation. Mineral Wells is currently the only Leadercast site between Fort Worth and Midland.
Through April 1, tickets are $99, with a $20 discount for Mineral Wells Chamber members. Due to space limitations, a limit of 125 tickets will be sold.
Speakers for this year’s event include:
• Soledad O’Brien, anchor and special correspondent for CNN.
• Tim Tebow, NFL quarterback, Heisman trophy winner and best-selling author.
• Patrick Lencioni, best-selling author and president of The Table Group.
• John Maxwell, leadership expert and best-selling author of “The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership.”
• Angela Ahrendts, CEO, Burberry.
• Roland Fryer, professor of economics at Harvard University and CEO of the Education Innovation Laboratory.
• Urban Meyer, head football coach for Ohio State niversity.
• Andy Stanley, best-selling leadership author and communicator.
• Sheena Iyengar, author of “The Art of Choosing” and world-renowned expert of choice.
Last year, 85,000 leaders from 17 countries attended Chick-fil-A Leadercast. In its 12th year, this full day, experiential conference is predicted to reach its largest audience to date.
This year’s program will focus on the power of choice. The diverse group of internationally-acclaimed authors, leadership experts and practitioners will share insights to help leaders empower and equip others at work, at home and in the community through his or her choices.
“Leadership development is one of the core functions of the Mineral Wells Area Chamber of Commerce,” said Chamber Executive Director Beth Henary Watson. “The chamber hosts Leadership Mineral Wells, Leadership in the Community, candidate forums and skills-building classes for local businesses. Our board of directors opted to join Leadercast in its 12th year to energize area leaders and draw out new leaders. We think it will be a thoroughly enjoyable and empowering experience for all who attend.”
Continuing education credits in Leadership are available. Event supporters include Link Field Services, Chick-fil-A of Weatherford and First State Bank. For more information about Chick-fil-A Leadercast, visit www.chick-fil-aleadercast.com. For local ticketing information, call the chamber at (940) 325-2557 or visit www.mineralwellstx.com.