Mineral Wells Index
GEN TX Week is coming to Mineral Wells High School, Nov. 12-16, with college awareness activities throughout the week.
• Monday, Nov. 12 – “Our Future’s so Bright, we’ve got to wear shades.” Wear sunglasses as a reminder of setting goals and focusing on achieving those goals.
• Tuesday, Nov. 13 – “Run towards your goal.” Wear running shoes … discuss future career choices and college choices.
• Wednesday, Nov. 14 – “Hats off to College.” Wear collegiate hats, visor, etc., and discuss difference college choices – two-year college, four-year college and technical college.“Career Awareness Presentations” MWCC business representatives’ presentation to ninth- and 10th-grade students.
• Thursday, Nov. 15 – “College Rocks.” Wear a college shirt, jersey, etc., and talk about the purpose of college.
• Friday, Nov. 16 – “Ram Spirit.” Wear Ram Red to support MWHS. Students will sign banner during their lunch making a commitment to go to college.
Throughout the week information on college preparation will be disbursed through the English classrooms and drawings will be held during lunch for items that include GEN TX T-shirts, college book bags.