Mineral Wells Index
— In preparation for the Nov. 5 bond election, MWISD will host tours this Saturday, 9 a.m. to noon, of each campus.
The public is invited to tour:
• Lamar Elementary – 2012 S.E. 12th St.
• Houston Elementary – 300 S.W. 13th St.
• Travis Elementary – 1001 S.E. Martin Luther King Jr St.
• Mineral Wells Junior High – 1301 SE 14th Ave.
• Mineral Wells High School and community track – 3801 Ram Blvd.
The district will ask voters to approve $25 million to: improve security at all campuses; build a new elementary school to replace Lamar, built in 1955; and replace the high school track.
Voters are encouraged to come out Saturday morning and visit the campuses.