“But while the young students may have their eye on winning the prize, our teachers know the real reward for good attendance – the increased chance for academic success,” Bullock said.
Texas Farm Bureau Insurance, led by Pat Bazzell, donated two bicycles and helmets to do their part in seeing students achieve their goal of perfect attendance.
“So while the students might think it's cool to be rewarded just for attending school, we are thankful for community members like [Texas] Farm Bureau who are making it a top priority to assist in improving student achievement at Mineral Wells ISD,” Bullock said.
TFB Representative Linda Porter Bradford graciously accepted the award on her organization's behalf.
In other news, MWISD School Board approved:
• Proposed revisions to Board Policy regarding transportation management and student transportation.
• Adoption of a resolution regarding hazardous traffic conditions.
• Local District Update 99, affecting local policies.
• 2014-2015 Calendar revisions.
• Contracts and work agreements for professional employees.