Mineral Wells FFA had the following nine teams compete at the Area Career Development Contest on April 9 at Tarleton State University: Ag Mechanics, Horse Judging, Livestock Judging, Poultry Judging, Nursery/Landscape, Floriculture, Vet Tech, Range and Farm Business Management.
Two teams advanced to the state contest, which took place Friday in Huntsville:
• Nursery/Landscape team placed third, consisting of Cayler Banks (third high individual), Katlin Norton (seventh high individual), Alec Ortiz (eighth high individual) and Max Whaley (14th high individual).
• Floriculture team placed fifth, consisting of Brittany Guill (11th individual), Riley Bullock (15th individual), Bailey Simonton (17th individual) and Emily Rogers (22nd individual).
Following are the results of the other teams that competed:
• Poultry – placed eighth, consisting of Ashlynn Robinson (seventh individual), Angelica Antonio (10th individual), Aaron Cedillo, and Keaton Evans.
• Ag Mechanics – placed seventh, consisting of Bradford Connelly, Maricel Galicia, Ryan Jameson and Eric Lay.
• Farm Business Management – placed ninth, consisting of Maxi Schultz, Victoria Velasquez and Carolina Zambrano.
• Range - placed 10th, consisting of Lane Crawford, Stormie Mayo and Alex Pearcy.
• Vet Tech - placed 11th, consisting of Morgan Coe, Ana Garcia, Victoria Huffman and Trent King.
• Horse Judging – placed 12th, consisting of Tahya Ruelas, Allicia Cox, Rebecca Jackson and Taylor Otwell.
• Livestock Judging – 39th consisting of Grace Baeza, Devin Hampton, Savannah Olsovsky and Sam Wilcox.