By CHRIS AGEE | firstname.lastname@example.org
PALO PINTO COUNTY– Firefighters responded to a residential fire shortly after 1 p.m. Thursday in the 400 block of Wynn Mountain Road.
According to Palo Pinto County Fire Marshall Buddy Harwell, fire investigators identified an electrical outlet as the source.
As of Thursday, he said the reason the wiring malfunctioned was unknown, though he explained power in much of the area was interrupted during a lengthy rain storm.
Among the possible causes, he said, are a lightning strike or power surge when electricity was restored to the home.
Harwell said the interior of the structure was heavily damaged, if not destroyed, by the fire.
Read the full story in the Index's eEdition. Log in, subscribe or sign up for a one-week free trial here.