Mineral Wells Index
According to a criminal mischief report filed Monday in the 300 block of S.E. 21st Street, subjects targeted the same residence twice the previous night. The complainant reported waking to barking dogs and finding an unknown subject attempting to remove a window air-conditioning unit.
Officers arrived to investigate and determined the unit was still intact.
The complainant called the MWPD Monday morning to report someone returned after the initial report and vandalized a vehicle at the residence.
Reports indicate the vehicle’s interior was cut and heavily damaged and subjects cut wiring in its engine compartment.
Property crimes reported
According to Mineral Wells police records, a number of property crimes were reported over the past several days.
• A theft report filed Wednesday in the 1900 block of East Hubbard Street indicates subjects entered a business at the location and cashed cashed three cashier’s checks made out for $4,950 each. After the individuals left, employees determined the checks were invalid.
• A wallet containing identifying information was reportedly taken from a locked vehicle in the 300 block of Country Club Parkway. According to the report filed Wednesday, the vehicle’s windows were left partially down.
• A 16-foot enclosed cargo trailer valued at $8,000 was stolen from a business in the 900 block of Higginson Road, according to a theft report filed Thursday.
• Medication and clothing were reportedly taken during a residential burglary Thursday in the 1200 block of S.E. 2nd Street. Reports indicate the subject made entry through a window.
• Police responded to a vehicle burglary report Monday in the 300 block of S.E. 19th Street. The complainant reported a subject entered an unlocked vehicle at the location and removed a cell phone and compact disc player remote valued at a combined $250.