Mineral Wells Index
The annual Keep Mineral Wells Beautiful Palo Pinto County Fall Clean Up is Saturday, Oct. 27, from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Where to go
• City of Mineral Wells residents go to the Mineral Wells Convenience Station, 2700 U.S. Highway 281 South, which has electronics (computers, office machines, small appliances) and household recycling for city residents. Please separate plastics for recycling. Residents must bring their water bill and driver’s license. Tire trucks will be set up at this location; there is a charge of $1 per tire up to 17 inches or $3 for larger truck tires. The city can not accept shingles, tire rims, boats, cars, paint and batteries. Free shredding on site with Bulldog Shredders.
• County residents will go to their respective precinct barns (tires will be accepted at each location, same costs as above). No shingles, tire rims, boats, cars, paint or batteries.
• The City of Mineral Wells offers free bulk item pick up throughout the year. To request curb side bulk-item collection of furniture and appliances, contact Progressive Waste Solutions at 328-1176. Items are not recycled, but go into a landfill.
• Please separate plastics for recycling.
• Actual garbage must be bagged.
• Metal items, appliances, motors, batteries, etc., can be taken to J&S Salvage, 3202 MH 379 in Mineral Wells.
• For more information, or to volunteer, call the Mineral Wells Area Chamber of Commerce, (940) 325-2557.