• 700 block of S.E. 14th Avenue – A 2005 Ford sports utility vehicle was reported burglarized Monday with entry made through an unlocked door. A camouflage handbag valued at $60 and a checkbook were reported stolen.
• 1000 block of S.E. 18th Street – A Mercury Tracer was reported burglarized Thursday with entry made through an unlocked door. A Kenwood CD player valued at $250 was reported stolen.
•1100 block of S.E. 8th Street – A residence was reported burglarized Sunday where a pair of Wrangler jeans, cash, wallet and a Motorola flip phone were reported stolen. The total value of the stolen items is $285.
The Mineral Wells Police Department reported making the following arrests:
• Kimberly Jo Arzate, 35, of San Angelo, was arrested Saturday for possession of a controlled substance greater than 1 gram and less than 4 grams.
• Ollie Geneva Baker, 43, of Mineral Wells, was arrested March 18 for driving while intoxicated.
• Steven V. Cortez, 23, of Mineral Wells, was arrested Friday for possession of marijuana less than 2 ounces.
• Justin Trent Cox, 39, of Mineral Wells, was arrested Friday for no driver’s license and no insurance.
• Kristene Jean Davila, 20, of Mineral Wells, was arrested Thursday on four MWPD traffic warrants.
• Ricardo Davila, 33, of Mineral Wells, was arrested Saturday for three MWPD traffic warrants.
• Alice Marie Eiceman, 46, of Mineral Wells, was arrested Sunday on two Tyler Police Department warrants for forgery of a financial instrument.
• Carl Dan Fairley Jr., 24, of Mineral Wells, was arrested Sunday for public intoxication.
• Clarence Henry Faubion, 46, of Mineral Wells, was arrested Saturday for running a stop sign, no vehicle inspection and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Pablo Ernesto Garcia, 18, of Mineral Wells, was arrested March 18 on two MWPD traffic warrants.
• Zachary Curtis Harris, 21, of Mineral Wells, was arrested March 19 on four MWPD traffic warrants.
• Jonathan Harwell, 22, of Hudson Oaks, was arrested March 17 on two MWPD traffic warrants and a Palo Pinto County Sheriff’s Department misdemeanor warrant.
- Local News
PET OF THE WEEK: Molly left behind
Molly is a 5-6 year old Dachshund. Molly’s previous owners had to let her go when they moved and found out that they would be unable to keep her as a pet, so they brought her into the Mineral Wells Animal Shelter. Molly is the sweetest little dog you’ve ever seen.
Lillian Peek Cottage Benefit Golf Tournament is Saturday at Canyon West
Lillian Peek Cottage Benefit Golf Tournament hosted by The MWHS 50 Year Club is Saturday, July 26, at Canyon West Golf Club, 160 Canyon Road, Weatherford, TX 76087.
Kitchen Boot Camp for kids
PALO PINTO – Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in Palo Pinto County will be hosting day camps with a focus on food and fun.
ADOPTABLE PET: Brighten Blue's day
Sweet Blue is a 9-month-old female catahoula/red heeler mix. She is a laid back and quiet, a medium-sized girl searching for her forever home.
USDA processes 106,000 payments to farmers for grazing, livestock losses
WASHINGTON — Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack recently provided a 12-week progress report on U.S. Department of Agriculture disaster assistance programs, announcing that USDA has processed 106,000 payments to farmers in 40 states across the country who suffered livestock and grazing losses between October 2011 and passage of the 2014 Farm Bill.
Hudson Oaks firefighter arrested on child sex assault charges
HUDSON OAKS – A volunteer Hudson Oaks firefighter is in the Parker County Jail on charges he repeatedly sexually assaulted two young relatives over a several year period. Richard Frederick Adams Sr., 62, arrested Monday, faces two charges of continuous sexual abuse of a child under 14, a first-degree felony.
Nomination deadline nears for Farm Service Agency county committees
WASHINGTON — U. S. Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency Administrator Juan Garcia reminds farmers, ranchers and other agricultural producers that Aug. 1 is the deadline for local FSA county committee nominations.
Estes appointed to SWIFT Advisory Committee
AUSTIN – Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst has appointed Sen. Craig Estes to the State Water Implementation Fund for Texas (SWIFT) Advisory Committee.
ADOPTABLE PET: Get Dell for your lap top
If you are looking for an indoor companion or lap dog then Dell is your man. Dell is a 4-5 year old male Chihuahua. He is a quiet and laid back boy in desperate need of a place to call home.
Keffer complaint leads to lobbyist's fine
(AP) – The Texas Ethics Commission on Monday ordered Michael Quinn Sullivan, leader of the conservative advocacy group Empower Texans, to pay a $10,000 fine for failing to register as a lobbyist in 2010 and 2011.
- More Local News Headlines
- PET OF THE WEEK: Molly left behind