MINERAL WELLS — About $90 in change was reported stolen from an unlocked safe at a business in the 700 block of West Hubbard Street, according to a police report. A known suspect allegedly jumped the counter and crouched by the safe when an employee told the man to leave, police said.
Man breaks into laundromat
A suspect reportedly began washing his clothes at a laundromat in the 1500 block of S.E. 1st Street about 30 minutes before closing time Tuesday night when he left, saying he was going to Walmart, according to a police report.
Police were dispatched to the business about an hour later, around 11 p.m., after the man allegedly broke into the building by prying open the door and setting off the alarm.
He was captured on surveillance picking up his clothes but was not at the scene when they arrived, police said.
Mineral Wells police also reported the following arrests:
• Tina Marie Rocco, 47, of Dallas, was arrested Saturday on warrants for disorderly conduct and failure to display a driver’s license.
• Michael Shawn Furr, 29, of Mineral Wells, was arrested Sunday for unlawfully passing a stopped emergency vehicle, driving while license invalid, and driving without insurance.
• Gabriel C. Sandoval, 24, of Mineral Wells, was arrested Sunday on an Immigrations and Customs Enforcement hold after he was stopped for a traffic violation.
• Danny Joe Stricklin, 28, of Aledo, was arrested Sunday for driving while his license was invalid, speeding and on warrants for disorderly conduct and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Robert Alain Wilkerson, 61, of Mineral Wells, was arrested Monday for driving with an invalid license, speeding and driving with an expired license.
• Jennifer Jonice Martinez, 35, of Mineral Wells, was arrested Monday for driving without a license.
• Brad Guinn Allen, 20, of Granbury, was arrested Tuesday on a warrant for speeding.
• Benjamin Eugene Smith, 27, of Mineral Wells, was arrested Tuesday on 15 traffic warrants and for driving with an invalid license.
• Michael Craig Chambers, 38, of Mineral Wells, was arrested Tuesday on two traffic warrants and for driving with an invalid license.
• Cierra Florencia Cortez-Ortiz, 23, of Mineral Wells, was arrested Wednesday for possession of a controlled substance, more than 4 grams, less than 200 grams. Police reportedly stopped her for running a stop sign in the 300 block of S.E. 1st Avenue and found what is believed to be methamphetamine between the driver’s seat and the center console of the vehicle.
• Jimmy Loyd Brown, 31, of Whitt, was arrested Wednesday for possession of a controlled substance, less than 1 gram, and running a stop sign.