By CLINT FOSTER
LONE CAMP – A Lone Camp volunteer firefighter’s house caught fire around 1 a.m. Thursday morning and burned one of two dwellings.
Palo Pinto County Fire Marshal Buddy Harwell said members of Lone Camp, Brazos, Gordon, Lake Palo Pinto and Santo Volunteer Fire Departments all responded – mainly with tankers – to battle the blaze engulfing the Lone Camp home of Shane and Amy Slimp on Farm-to-Market Road 3137. The house was essentially two houses, he explained, with a main house and a smaller guest house connected by a carport. The fire was contained to the main house and did not cross the breezeway to damage the guest house, according to LCVFD Chief Charlie Sims.
“One part burned down and we saved the other,” Harwell said. “Right now it looks like it was accidental, electrical in nature, somewhere around the air-conditioning unit.”
Slimp’s family happened to be in the guest house during the blaze, according to Harwell. He noted the family had insurance and no one was injured.
Sims said it took between 35 and 40 minutes to the halt the flames.
He said there will likely be a benefit in the near future on behalf of the Slimp family.
Follow Clint on Twitter @Clint_Foster55