Palo Pinto County Clerk Janette Green
• Steven Silva and Monica Sue Cansler, March 17.
• Harrison Cole Dunnam and Ashtin Deigh Parr, March 4.
• Gordon Ray Heddins and Jacquelynn Tyler Wilbanks, March 12.
• Rodney Lee Swindell and Raina Michelle Kline, March 24.
29th Judicial District, Clerk Janie Glover, Judge Jerry Ray
New civil cases
• Attorney General vs. Michael Joseph Moticha, title IVD-UIFSA.
• State of Texas vs. Victor Randy Lozano, bond forfeiture.
• Attorney General vs. Michael S. Tinsley, title IVD-UIFSA.
• Attorney General vs. Scott Forrest Price, title IVD – support order.
• Attorney General vs. Willie Alvarado, title IVD – support order.
• Palo Pinto County vs. Fred Jones Modrall, tax case.
• Palo Pinto County vs. Eddie Lane, tax case.
• Palo Pinto County vs. Vickie Moening, tax case.
• Palo Pinto County vs. David Walter Slaughter, tax case.
• Palo Pinto County vs. John Wesley Johnson Jr., tax case.
• Melba Jean Rance vs. Melinda Jean Colton, real property.
Disposed civil cases
• Charles and Bonnie Baker vs. Palo Pinto County Appraisal District, civil case.
• DPI/OFS Service Co LLC vs R.L. Adkins, d/b/a First Call Well Service, consumer/commercial debt.
• Martin and Lynn Garner vs. 7-R Ranch Estates Property Owners Association Inc, civil case.
• Citibank N.A. vs. Jose G. Gonzales, consumer/commercial debt.
Disposed criminal cases
• Nathaniel Henry Whittaker – revocation of probation for possession of a controlled substance, less than 1 gram; sentenced to 18 months confinement.
• James Richard Braswell – revocation of probation for assault causing bodily injury to a family member; sentenced to eight years confinement.
• Thressa Kay Johnson, revocation of probation for delivery of marijuana, more than one-quarter ounce, less than 5 pounds in a drug-free zone.
• Jeremy Dewayne Noel – possession of a controlled substance, less than 1 gram; four years deferred adjudication, $2,500 fine, $140 restitution and $304 court costs.
• Harry Robert Jackson – theft of property, more than $1,500, less than $20,000; four years deferred adjudication, $5,416 restitution and $244 court costs.
• Zakkary Ryan Walker – aggravated assault causing serious bodily injury; 10 years deferred adjudication and $244 court costs.
• James Wesley Sims – burglary of a building; convicted and sentenced to 16 months confinement, $3,549 restitution, $2,500 fine and $219 court costs.
• Rhona Lee Light – theft of property, more than $1,500, less than $20,000, from a public servant; six years deferred adjudication, $1,500 fine and $244 court costs.
• Jesse Lyn Clark – revocation of probation for possession of a controlled substance, less than 1 gram; sentenced to two years confinement.
• Riggin Gideon Valley – revocation of probation for possession of a controlled substance, less than 1 gram; sentenced to two years confinement.
Palo Pinto County Clerk Janette Green
- Local News
Two injured in two-vehicle wreck
A two-car crash around noon Friday along westbound U.S. Highway 180 near the 3200 block of N.E. 2nd Street sent two people to area hospitals, one transported by helicopter to Fort Worth.
Perrin-Whitt CISD Back-to-School Fair is Saturday
PERRIN – A first-ever Back-to-School Fair will be available to students at Perrin-Whitt CISD this year.
NRCS to conduct annual meeting Aug. 6 in Mineral Wells
The USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) in Palo Pinto County and the Palo Pinto Soil and Water Conservation District cordially invite the public to attend their 2014 Local Working Group meeting Aug. 6, from 10 a.m. to noon.
Weatherford teen dies following wreck near Brock
WEATHERFORD -- A 16-year-old Weatherford teen injured in a single-vehicle wreck near Brock last week died Tuesday afternoon at John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth, according to the Tarrant County Medical Examiner.
Jordan Paredes, reported by relatives to be in a coma following the wreck, was pronounced dead shortly after 2 p.m. in the trauma intensive care unit, the medical examiner reported.
Perrin FFA members attend Texas FFA convention in FW
Members from the Perrin FFA chapter attended the 86th annual Texas FFA State Convention held July 14-18 in Fort Worth.
Buffalo killer, store shoplifter targets of police, Crime Stoppers this week
Police are seeking leads on the death of a Mineral Wells man’s pet buffalo.
Five teens hospitalized after wreck near Brock
BROCK – Alcohol may have been involved in a wreck Wednesday near Brock that sent five teens to the hospital, including two with life-threatening injuries, according to information from the Texas Department of Public Safety.
PET OF THE WEEK: Molly left behind
Molly is a 5-6 year old Dachshund. Molly’s previous owners had to let her go when they moved and found out that they would be unable to keep her as a pet, so they brought her into the Mineral Wells Animal Shelter. Molly is the sweetest little dog you’ve ever seen.
Lillian Peek Cottage Benefit Golf Tournament is Saturday at Canyon West
Lillian Peek Cottage Benefit Golf Tournament hosted by The MWHS 50 Year Club is Saturday, July 26, at Canyon West Golf Club, 160 Canyon Road, Weatherford, TX 76087.
Kitchen Boot Camp for kids
PALO PINTO – Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in Palo Pinto County will be hosting day camps with a focus on food and fun.
- More Local News Headlines
- Two injured in two-vehicle wreck