Mineral Wells police officers responded to the 800 block of N.E. 9th Street shortly before 12:30 p.m. Saturday after a complainant advised a vehicle was taken from the residence without permission.
Reports indicate officers searched for the vehicle for about 30 minutes before recovering it in the 500 block of S.E. 27th Avenue.
Officers noted major damage to the vehicle’s front end and are currently following up on leads as to the person or persons responsible.
Weekend property crimes
MWPD records indicate several property crimes were reported in the city over the past weekend.
• A subject damaged a coin-operated clothes dryer in the laundry room of an apartment complex in the 2500 block of S.E. Martin Luther King Jr. Street, according to an attempted burglary report filed Friday.
• According to a vehicle burglary report filed Saturday, someone entered a vehicle in the 600 block of N.W. 4th Street and removed unspecified prescription medication.
• Reports indicate a subject entered a vehicle in the 900 block of S.W. 4th Avenue and took a global positioning device valued at $120. The complainant told police Saturday the vehicle was locked but reports include no signs of forced entry.
• According to a burglary report filed Monday in the 400 block of N.W. 8th Street, someone entered a residence through an unlocked window and removed a laptop, costume jewelry and a boom box valued at a combined $825.
• An unknown subject broke the passenger-side door glass of a vehicle parked in the 1200 block of S.E. 12th Street, according to a burglary report filed Monday. The complainant reported a signed car title for the vehicle was taken. The estimated cost to replace the window is $200.