The Mineral Wells City Council will hold a regular meeting at 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 17, at the City Hall Annex, located at 115 S.W. 1st St.
Citizens can address the council, but must provide information required on a speaker card given to the city clerk before the meeting starts. Council requests that comments be limited to three minutes and will follow provisions in the Texas Open Meetings Act.
Council will consider, conduct and discuss the following agenda items:
• Approval of minutes of Sept. 3 meeting.
• Approval of budgeted expenditures over $500.
• Approval of agreement between the City of Mineral Wells and Keep Mineral Wells Beautiful, Inc.
• Approval of school resource officer program agreement between the City of Mineral Wells and Mineral Wells ISD for the 2013-14 school year.
• Resolution authorizing execution of Texas Department of Transportation grant for the Routine Airport Maintenance Program.
• Resolution authorizing execution of a contract between the City of Mineral Wells and the Texas Department of State Health Services for issuance of Texas birth records by the City Clerk’s office.
• Public hearing and consider an ordinance amending Section 4 of Development Standards for Springhill Addition.
• Ordinance adopting the 2013-14 budget. The 2013-14 budget is a 1.77 percent decrease in the amount budgeted for all funds compared to the preceding fiscal year.
• Ordinance levying ad-valorem taxes on property in the City of Mineral Wells for 2013. This ordinance will adopt a tax rate of 51 cents, which is a 6.79 percent increase above the effective tax rate.
• Adoption of a resolution ratifying the increase in property tax revenue reflected in the approved fiscal 2013-14 budget.
• Ordinance amending Article II of Chapter 90, utilities, of the Mineral Wells Code of Ordinances changing water and sewer service rates.
• Public hearing and consider approval of the 2013-14 Mineral Wells Area Chamber of Commerce Tourism Division budget.
• Approval of the Palo Pinto County Municipal Water District No. 1 2013-2014 operations-and-maintenance budget.
• Resolution adopting a city investment policy.
• Public hearing and consider an ordinance temporarily closing certain downtown streets for the 2013 Crazy Water Festival.
• New appointment to the Parks Advisory Board.
• Changing hour (time) for regular City Council meetings.