Mineral Wells Index
EVERMAN – The Mineral Wells boys and girls varsity track and field teams were in action, Saturday, at the Charlie Stewart Invitational at Everman High School.
Competing against the likes of Lancaster, Mansfield Summit, Fort Worth Arlington Heights and others, the Mineral Wells girls placed seventh in the team competition with a total of 26 points.
The Lady Rams' showing was highlighted by a third-place finish in the distance medley relay by the team of Yesenia Martinez, Katlyn Rivera, Jessica Isenberg and Karessa Fowler. The group clocked in with a time of 14:12.86.
Meanwhile, the Mineral Wells varsity boys finished third in their team competition with a total of 79 points.
Among the superlatives were Ram high jumpers Rascellis Williams, Biren Clardy and Kelly Williams who swept the podium with jumps of 6-foot-4, 6-feet and 5-foot-10, respectively.
The Rams also finished second in the 4x200-meter relay as Omery Trevino, Juvaree Sutton, Roy Edla and Zechariah Stanton finished in 1:34.09.
The following were the rest of the events Mineral Wells competed in and where they placed:
• 4x800-meter Relay: fourth – Yesenia Martinez, Katlyn Rivera, Natalie Ragland, Karessa Fowler – 11:05.29.
• Sprint Medley Relay: fifth – Makayla Cantu, Erin McGuire, Peyton Malone, Caroline Clarke – 2:14.97.
• 4x400-meter Relay: sixth – Katlyn Rivera, Kylie Burke, Caroline Clarke, Raeann Rivera – 4:37.34.
• 4x100-meter Relay: fourth – Omery Trevino, Zechariah Stanton, Roy Edla, Juvaree Sutton – 45.22.
• 4x800-meter Relay: fifth – Curtis Allred, Preston Brooks, Sergio Velasquez, Elijiah Jefferson – 9:48.87.
• Weightmen Throwers Relay: third – Estefon Sandoval, Stephen Simonton, Jerome Johnson, Lucas Barham – 55.82.
• Distance Medley Relay: fifth – Curtis Allred, Sergio Velasquez, Elijiah Jefferson, Preston Brooks – 12:27.28.
• 4x400-meter Relay: fifth – Juvaree Sutton, Omery Trevino, Zechariah Stanton, Roy Edla – 3:52.36.
• Long Jump: fourth – Biren Clardy, 19-foot-9; fifth – Rascellis Williams, 18-foot-9, sixth – Kelly Williams, 18-foot-8.
Junior varsity boys
• High Jump: second – Trent Guinn – 5-foot-6.
• Shot Put: third – Jerome Johnson – 35 feet and 7.5 inches.
The Mineral Wells track and field team will next be in action at the Ram Relays, Saturday, March 1, in Mineral Wells.