Millsap ISD will hold its regular board of trustees meeting on Monday beginning at 6:30 p.m. in the Millsap Administration Board Room/Media Center 301 East Brazos Street, Millsap, Texas.
The subjects to be discussed or considered or upon which any formal action may be taken are listed below. Items do not have to be taken in the same order as shown on this meeting notice. Unless removed from the consent agenda, items identified within the consent agenda will be acted on at one time.
Open Forum for Public Participation: Persons in attendance at the meeting may request a card to be completed and submitted to the Board President no later than five minutes prior to the meeting. This provides the individual with an opportunity to address the Board on any subject except personnel. Public participation is limited to this portion of the meeting and the audience may not enter into discussion or debate matters being considered by the Board at any other time during the meeting. The Board will allot up to 30 minutes for this portion of the agenda with no presentations to exceed five minutes.
Some of the items to be discussed include:
• Review Bill Payment List for February, 2014 Superintendent’s Report
• Hear Report on School Board Recognition Month Campus Visits
• Integrating Science and Technology Demonstration
• Enrollment/Attendance Update
• Hear Report on 2013-2014 Board Priorities
• Hear Progress Report on 2013-2014 Measures of Success
• M.A.P. Update
• HB 5 Implementation Update
• Tax Report for February, 2014
• Comparison of Revenues and Expenditures to Budget
• Cash Position of Bank Accounts
• Investment Policy
• Discuss Future Agenda Items
• Discuss Current Condition and Current/Future Utilization or Disposition of District Facilities
• Discuss New Design for High School Gym Floor
• 2013-2014 Budget Planning Calendar/Guidelines
• Call Board of Trustee Election for May 10, 2014 and Appoint Early Voting Clerk
• Consider TEA Waiver Request for Bad Weather Days
Executive Session will be held for purposes permitted by Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code Section 551.001 et seq.
A. Consider Approval of Personnel Items (Tex. Govt. Code Sec. 551.074:
Deliberating the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment duties, discipline, or dismissal of an elected officer or employee); Request for Extended Leave of Absence; Consider Employment Recommendations; Discuss and Consider Administrative-Counselor Contracts; Discuss and Consider Superintendent’s Evaluation and Contract; Reconvene from Executive Session for Action Relative to Items Considered During Executive Session.