Food distribution at Perrin Advent Christian Fellowship Hall will be Saturday, Feb. 16, 9-11 a.m. Enter at the north side of the church. The church will have a canned-food distribution on the third Saturday of each month. It is located at 300 S. Marks St., in Perrin. Food is provided by the county probation office and distributed throughout the county. There are no requirements to receive food other than it is intended for people who live in the Perrin area or live within Perrin-Whitt CISD.
• The monthly Perrin-Whitt Consolidated ISD Parent-Teacher Organization meeting will be Thursday at 6 p.m. in the school’s cafeteria.
• Elementary students will acknowledge 100th day of school on Friday.
• The Area Spelling Bee will be held on Wednesday, Feb. 13, in the elementary gym, beginning at 9:30 a.m. Two students from third through eighth grades spell against Bryson ISD students. Only one winner will be allowed to advance to the Fort Worth competition.
• All elementary grades will be having their Feb. 14 Valentine’s Day parties in their classrooms.
• Five-by-7-foot individual navy-blue Perrin-Whitt Pirate flags are on sale for $15. Flags may be purchased at the school office.
• The senior driver safety class will be held on Thursday, March 7, at the Jacksboro Senior Citizens building, in Jacksboro. The class will begin at 8 a.m. and go until noon. To enroll or for more information, call Doris King at (940) 567-5431.
• Preschool library time will be the second Wednesday of each month. Every month there will be story time in the school library, 10-11 a.m. The next scheduled story time is Feb. 13. For more information, see B. J. Cox in the PWCISD Library.
Thought for the week: Some people claim their dogs are almost human – and they mean it as a compliment.