By TYLER MASK
The Board of Directors for Community National Bank & Trust of Texas has announced the promotion of six bank officers.
Among the six, Mineral Wells’ very own Loan Officer Tammy Austin received a promotion to Vice President.
“I am very excited,” Austin said. “I think I work for a great company. They’re a community bank and work to meet the needs of the community. I am really blessed to be where I am right now.”
Austin started from the ground, up in the banking world. Right out of high school, she began working as a bookkeeper moving on to proof operator, data processor, teller and finally working her way into a teller supervisor position.
When she came to CNB&T 15 years ago, she started back as a teller working part-time, two days a week. From there, she again moved up the ranks, leading up eventually to her position as Assistant Vice President and, now, Vice President.
Although the promotion is something Austin is excited about, moving up the ranks is not why she got into the banking.
“I just want to make a difference,” Austin said. “I want to help people achieve their dreams.”
The other five promoted include:
• Ashley Hanna to Senior Vice President. Hanna has been with the bank for 11 years and is the Audit and Compliance Officer. She earned her Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance with a minor in banking from Sam Houston State University. Hanna is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager through the American Bankers Association and a Certified Community Bank Internal Auditor through the Independent Community Bankers of America.
• Teresa Vandiver was promoted to Vice President. She is a Loan Officer in Fairfield and has been with the bank for nine years. Vandiver completed the Texas Bankers Association’s lending school.
• Justin Hitchcock to Vice President. Hitchcock earned his Bachelor of Business Administration in Management from Howard Payne University and he also completed the Graduate School of Banking at Colorado. Hitchcock has been with the bank for 12 years and is a Loan Officer in Weatherford.
• Ashley Coker to Branch Operations Officer in Red Oak.
Coker has been with the bank for three years. She earned her Bachelor of Business Administration from Texas A&M Commerce.
• Veronica Miller to Assistant Audit Officer. Miller has been with the bank for 15 years.
She is a Certified Community Bank Internal Auditor through the Independent Community Bankers of America.
“We are very proud of these officers and their efforts in serving both our customers and the community at large,” President of CNB&T K.C. Wyatt said “They play an important role in the success of the bank.”