By CLINT FOSTER
The Mineral Wells Police Department made three arrest last week, two of which were drug-related, under unrelated circumstances.
The first incident occurred during a routine traffic stop in the 3100 block of US Highway 180 around 1:30 a.m., Jan. 21. Police said the officer making the stop was familiar with the driver and knew that he would likely not have a license.
Police pulled over Daniel Ortiz, 25, who was driving a Chevrolet Z71 pickup truck. After searching the vehicle, police found the passenger, 36-year-old Christi Wilson, was in possession of multiple small baggies filled with a substance believed to be methamphetamine.
Police said they arrested Wilson for possession of a controlled substance between 4 and 200 grams and Ortiz for driving without a license.
The second incident stemmed from a suspicious person call just before 9 p.m. that night on NW 12th Street. Police were dispatched to the area in regards to a man who was reportedly peeking through the windows of various houses.
Police said they made contact with the individual, identified as 43-year-old David Wayne Dyess, in the 500 block of NW 4th Avenue. Upon searching him, police found he was in possession of a syringe and a small amount of a substance believed to be methamphetamine.
MWPD arrested Dyess for possession of a controlled substance under 1 gram and booked him into Mineral Wells City Jail. The following day, he was transported to Palo Pinto County Jail, where he has yet to be released as of Wednesday.
Mineral Wells police arrested the following additional subjects between Jan. 21 and 28:
• Rian Parris, 17, was arrested Jan. 22 for a second-degree felony warrant.
• James Wilson, 27, was arrested Jan. 23 for a Class C warrant.
• Ashley Ewing, 28, was arrested Jan. 23 for a Class C traffic violation.
• Michael Shawn Furr, 33, was arrested Friday for a state jail felony warrant.
• Cecil Ray Huddleston, 49, was arrested Friday for a capias warrant for manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance causing death or serious bodily injury and a parole violation.
• Henry Lee Bohanan, 35, was arrested Friday for a blue warrant.
• Krista Layne Howard, 26, was arrested Saturday for eight traffic warrants.
• Amber Chilcott, 23, was arrested Saturday for a Class C warrant.
• Kendra Kathleen Forsyth, 19, was arrested Saturday for prohibited substance in a correctional facility.
• Elias Chavira, 36, was arrested Sunday for a Class C warrant.
• Ivy Naomi Barrows, 53, was arrested Monday for theft of property between $50 and $500.
• Ramario Vila, 18, was arrested Monday for minor in consumption of alcohol.
• Joseph Galindo, 21, was arrested Monday for a prohibited weapon.
• Ginger Jordan, 55, was arrested Tuesday for simple assault.
• James Jordan, 18, was arrested Tuesday for assault causing bodily injury.
• Zach Johns, 30, was arrested Tuesday for theft of property between $50 and $500 (enhanced).