In other business at Tuesday's board meeting:
• Trustees approved the 2013-14 school year calendar. Classes will begin Aug. 26 and conclude June 5, possibly earlier if no weather days are used. Next year's graduation will take place on June 6, 2014.
• Recognized as its February Partners in Education: the American Legion Auxiliary, the Mineral Wells High School Class of 1960 and the Carl E. Kessler Family Foundation.
• Superintendent Gail Haterius reported attendance is “holding steady.” She said January attendance was at 94.49 percent of the district's 3,432 students. The district's refined average daily attendance for January was 3,148 students.
• Haterius also informed trustees that MWHS was offering two dual-credit courses through Weatherford College – Biology 1411 (lab) and English 1302.
• The district will have to apply to the Texas Education Agency for a general waiver for classroom size. Haterius told trustees the first-grade bilingual classroom was exceeding the ration of 22 students to one teacher. She said this is the fourth such waiver MWISD has applied for this school year.