• Family Fall Fun Fest at Mineral Wells Church of God, 2501 S.E. 14th Ave. on Saturday, Oct. 26, 6-8 p.m. Trunk or Treat, hayrides and games.
• Spider Walk – Starting at 7 p.m, join Lake Mineral Wells State Park Interpreter, David Owens, at the Amphitheater to learn the importance of spiders in the wild. Owens will show slides and talk about the different types of spiders, then focus on the Wolf Spider. Afterwards, participants will take a walk down the LMWSP Trailway with flashlights, watching for the eye-shine reflection of the park’s Wolf Spiders. Bring along a lawn chair.
Wednesday, Oct. 30
• Ghost Story Campfire at Boyce Ditto Library is Wednesday, Oct. 30, starting at 4:30 pm. Kids are invited to join the BDPL Teen Council for spooky ghost stories, a craft and a snack! Also, the library will have candy for trick-or-treaters at the circulation desk on Halloween!
Thursday, Oct. 31 (Halloween)
• Trunk or Treat at First Christian Church, 5:30-7:30 p.m. In stead of going door to door, families can dress up and decorate their vehicle trunks and hand out candy, and visit each trunk.
This fun event – for all ages – includes activities, like games and hayrides, and will have hot dogs and drinks. Trunk or Treat at First Christian Church takes place on the east side of the church, which is located at located at 302 N.W. 6th St.
• BOOtanical –Halloween is a night for children and adults alike to dress up as their heroes, favorite characters and scary zombies, but at Clark Gardens BOOtanical Park, Halloween is for pets, too. Between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m., Clark Gardens becomes a marvelously fun place for kids of all ages to enjoy Halloween. The event is also a time the gardens participate in a area-wide food drive benefiting local service organizations, food banks and animal shelters.