From staff reports
Crazy Sock collections from Palo Pinto County – and all over the nation – last year totaled over 1,200 pairs of wild and colorful socks. Santo's Megan Gulliford started the program, primarily to provide children hospitalized over the holidays with something colorful to put on their feet.
“One group in Alabama took over 300 pair to their local children's hospital,” said Megan's mother, Michelle Gulliford.
Again this year, Megan is collecting Crazy Socks for Sick Children and asks citizens to join her in this effort by liking the “Crazy Socks for Sick Children” Facebook page or by challenging a civic group, class, club or office to help collect socks for children with chronic health issues or accidents.
Gulliford collects new crazy socks for boys and girls, from infant to adult sizes. To contribute to the cause, purchase a new pair of crazy socks and drop them off at any of the following locations by Dec. 4:
• Mineral Wells – Mineral Wells Index, at 300 S.E. 1st Ave.; Countryside Therapy Group at 315 S.E. 6th Ave.; or Cowboy Church of Mineral Wells, which meets Sundays at the Palo Pinto County Livestock Association Expo Center.
• Millsap – Millsap Middle School (attention Beta Club), at 201 West Brazos St.
• Santo – Santo ISD, at 406 S. Farm-to-Market Road 2201; Coffee Creek RV Resort, at 13429 South U.S. Highway 281; or Palo Pinto County Cowboy Church, at 2731 S. FM Road 129 Santo.
• Weatherford – Parker County Flooring, at 708 Palo Pinto St. in Weatherford.
• Lipan – Patillo Baptist Church, at 4791 FM 2803 and U.S. 281.