Mineral Wells Index
Do you have a safe plan in place for Halloween?
If not, here are some options:
• Ghost Story Campfire – Today at 4:30 pm at Boyce Ditto Public Library, kids are invited to join the Teen Council for spooky ghost stories, a craft and a snack!
• TRUNK OR TREAT – On Thursday, Halloween night, come to First Christian Church, 5:30-7:30 p.m., for Trunk or Treat and fun activities. The church is located at located at 302 N.W. 6th St.
• Residents at Lakewell House have decorated for this year’s Fun Fest and are ready to celebrate Halloween with citizens on Thursday, 6-7 p.m.Lakewell House is located at 3005 N.E. 2nd Street, behind Golden Chick and Braums.
• VFW Haunted Asylum (House) – Oct. 31 and Nov 1 & 2: Fridays, 9 p.m.-midnight; Thursday and Saturdays 7 p.m. – midnight. Located at 1400 S.E. VFW St. $5 admission, enter if you dare. Food concessions stand. For a flyer, visit www.vfwpost2399.org.
• BOOtanical – Halloween night at Clark Gardens Includes pet, youth and adult costume contests, as well as games, crafts, a fortune teller, face painting and more. Mineral Wells Ram Theatre will act out nocturnal animals in “Walk on the Wild Side.” The event benefits the Center of Life and Community Animal Rescue Effort.. Admission into the event is a non-perishable food donation or pet food donation.
For Halloween safety tips, see page 12