t’s not necessary to travel far to have fun during spring break. Here are a few local options, with one suggestion on what to avoid doing next week.
Things to do: Library has big break plans for teens, ‘tweens and more
From staff reports
March 11-15 marks spring break for students of Community Christian School, Mineral Wells ISD and all area public schools – and Boyce Ditto Public Library is gearing up for business with its Spring Break Extravaganza.
For those looking for fun for their teens, ‘tweens and younger, here are the Library’s offerings:
• Friday, 5 p.m. – “Wreck it Ralph” movie showing for all ages. No child under the age of 13 will be admitted without a parent or guardian present. Free admission and popcorn.
• Saturday, 10 a.m.-2 p.m. – Teen Anime Day for teens to come and enjoy anime and food with the library’s anime club. Must be 13 or older to attend.
• Tuesday, March 12, 5:30 p.m. – Open Mic Night for all ages. Do you have a talent in music, comedy or poetry? If so, come out and show what you’ve got! Perform or just come to watch all the talented people in your community.
• Wednesday, March 13, 1-4 p.m. – Teen Game Day. Teens, bring your gaming consoles, games and controllers for another game day at the library. Must be 13 or older to be admitted.
• Thursday, March 14: at noon – the Third Annual Teen Food Fear Factor. It’s that time again to come watch participants duke it out for the title of “Food Fear Factor Champion.” If you are interested in participating in the game, please contact Chasity at (940) 328-7880. Only 10 participant spots are available.
At 4 p.m. Thursday, the library will host a Saint Patty’s Art Hour, designed for children ages 3 through 12. Join the library to create some St. Patty’s Day art.