Mineral Wells Index, Mineral Wells, TX

June 4, 2013

Resident transported to hospital after house fire


Mineral Wells Index

— By CHRIS AGEE



Mineral Wells firefighters responded to a reported stove fire in the 900 block of S.W. 17th Street Monday morning.

According to reports, first responders arrived at the scene around 6:12 a.m. to find a stove at the residence was on fire and the flames also caused the towel on a nearby sink to combust.

Fire crews were able to contain the fire to the kitchen and used a water can to extinguish the blaze, reports show.

Emergency personnel placed a vent fan in the home to push residual smoke out of the dwelling and used a thermal camera to ensure there were no remaining hot spots in the home.

According to reports, a woman living at the residence reported waking up to the smell of smoke and alerting her family before leaving the home.

Emergency crews transported the resident to Palo Pinto General Hospital to be treated for possible smoke inhalation, reports indicate.

There were no other reports of injury and the fire was contained to the kitchen area of the structure.