The Crazy Fossil Dig – the local Mineral Wells event for National Fossil Day – is this Saturday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., and has fun for the whole family or a favorite , fun-loving group.
The event takes place at the Mineral Wells Fossil Park and features:
• “Tools of the Trade” display of the various tools used by fossil hunters while looking for and extracting fossils.
• Fossil identification. Bring in your finds and Dallas Paleontology Society volunteers will try to identify the object and provide some information regarding it.
• Hands-on samples of the various types of fossils that exist in Texas, with supporting materials describing them.
• Museum-quality objects found and prepared by members of the Dallas Paleontological Society.
“FBI” handouts for kids. The Fossil Bureau of Investigation is a sub-division of the Dallas • Paleontological Society and will have materials for kids to join in the fun of the science of Paleontology.
• History Lessons about the Fossil Park
• Guided walks around the park
Come out and dig for fossils with The Mineral Wells Area Chamber of Commerce. The first 50 attendees will receive a commemorative Mineral Wells Fossil Park apron, designed especially for your next outdoor paleontological adventure.
For more information, call the chamber at (940) 325-2557.