Finally, the last of the blazes was another trash fire around 10 p.m. at 601 SE 13th Ave. MWFD responded to a fire investigation and found the flames were already extinguished by a resident. The trash fire was up against the house and burned small areas of the home’s underpinning.
MWFD determined the fire was started by a spark or hot ash from the resident’s grill that was left burning. Since the fire was out and taken care of, the MWFD left the scene after concluding their investigation.
In response to the fires and drought conditions, the Palo Pinto County Commissioners Court extended the county-wide burn ban at Harwell’s behest in their regularly scheduled meeting Monday morning. Over the past week the drought index has increased from 603 to 645, almost a 50-point jump, Harwell said. He added if there is still no rain by the next Commissioners Court meeting, he plans to suggest more restrictions for the burn ban to make it stricter going forward.
Follow Clint on Twitter @Clint_Foster55