By CHRIS AGEE | email@example.com
Attendees of Tuesday night’s city council meeting will embark on a field trip to Fuzzy’s Taco Shop in order to gauge the noise created during a live performance.
Complaints from downtown residents Bryan and Laura Marsh, among others, prompted city staff to arrange the performance to determine what effect live music has on those living in the neighborhood.
Local musician Tommy Alverson will be providing the live music, though he said he prefers to stay out of the politics.
“I’m just going to do what I do,” he said, explaining he will be performing solo with an acoustic guitar and small amplifier. “I’m not trying to offend anybody.”
Read the full story in the Index's eEdition. Log in, subscribe or sign up for a one-week free trial here.
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
The Mineral Wells City Council is scheduled to meet in regular session at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 17, at the City Hall Annex, 115 S.W. 1st St., Mineral Wells, Texas, and at 306 N. Oak Ave. and at the Towne Commons, 100 block S.E. 1st Street to consider the following agenda:
• Call to order/invocation/Pledge of Allegiance.
• Consider approval of minutes of meeting(s) held July 3 and July 10.
• Consider approval of budgeted expenditures over $500.
• Consider resolution authorizing execution of Entitlement Transfer Agreement for FAA Non-Primary Entitlement Funds.
• Consider an ordinance establishing the rates, tariffs and charges of Texas Gas Service Company, a division of ONEOK, Inc., for natural gas service within the City of Mineral Wells and declaring this ordinance to be a final determination of rates.
• Consider rejection of bid submitted for modifications to Fire Station No. 1 and authorize advertisement of revised specifications for same project.
• Consider approval of Notice of Sale of Jet A Refueler.
• Consider an ordinance repealing the existing Appendix C Flood Damage Prevention of the Mineral Wells Code of Ordinances and enacting an updated Flood Damage Prevention ordinance as new Appendix C to the Code of Ordinances, providing for an effective date.
• Consider a resolution authorizing execution of Interlocal Agreement to access to the Texas Law Enforcement Telecommunications System (TLETS) with the City of Lake Worth, Texas, for the purpose of providing an authorized connection for criminal justice purposes through that city’s specific access. Consider a resolution authorizing execution of a Licensing Agreement with Sam Houston State University for the purpose of the utilization of the CRIMES mobile software to grant mobile access to TLETS via Lake Worth, Texas, connectivity.
• Consider an ordinance and conduct a public hearing regarding the repeal and replacement of Article III Noise of Chapter 42 Environment of the City of Mineral Wells Code of Ordinances, and then adjourn to the Towne Commons in the 100 block of S.E. 1st Street, and then to Fuzzy’s Taco Shop at 306 North Oak in Mineral Wells to conduct sound demonstrations. No action will be taken.
• Adjourn at Fuzzy’s Taco Shop, 306 N. Oak Ave.