A man was arrested on two counts of injury to the elderly after police did a welfare check at a residence in the 500 block of N.E. 40th Avenue, police said.

A neighbor called police around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday and reported an older woman screaming for help on the porch was dragged back inside. 

Police said they found furniture over turned and a shattered glass mirror in the house.

Christopher Douglas Knight, 32, of Mineral Wells, was arrested on two counts of injury to the elderly, third-degree felonies, and one count of resisting arrest.

His 77-year-old father reportedly had lacerations on the side of his head. Knight is also believed to have pulled his 67-year-old mother back into the house while she screamed for help, according to police. 

No one was transported to the hospital, according to police. 

Knight has been living at his parents’ house, police said. 

Knight was booked into the Palo Pinto County jail early Wednesday morning and posted $47,000 bond Wednesday afternoon. 

Man arrested for false report

A man who reported his 2003 Acura stolen from in front of his friend’s house in the 1700 block of S.E. 18th Street Jan. 30 was arrested Wednesday for filing a false police report, according to police. 

James Aaron Tyler, 21, of Mineral Wells, was arrested Wednesday morning after he turned himself in on a warrant for giving a false report to a police officer. 

The vehicle was recovered wrecked in a field in the 900 block of N.E. 9th Street Wednesday afternoon. It was reportedly found smashed against a tree with an open container of alcohol in the vehicle. 

Tyler originally told police he left the door unlocked and the keys in the console and signed a statement reporting it stolen, according to police.

The officer noticed mud on the man’s pants and legs while he was taking the report, police said.

Prints at the scene matched Tyler’s shoes, according to police. 

Tuesday, while talking to investigators, Tyler admitted to wrecking the vehicle, police said.

Man charged with evading arrest

A man was arrested for fleeing cops on foot during a traffic stop in the 700 block of East Hubbard Street around 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, according to police.

Police responding to a call of a reckless driver in a white Ford pickup stopped a vehicle and told the driver to get back in the truck after the man exited the vehicle. 

The officer then went to talk to the complainant when the man exited the vehicle again and began running, police said.

Police reportedly caught the man in the 700 block of S.E. 3rd Street after he ran into a detached garage building.

Justin Dean Reaves, 21, of Mineral Wells, was arrested for evading arrest or detention. 

He had no outstanding warrants, according to police.

Employee reports assault by boss

Police said they are investigating a claim of simple assault and disorderly conduct after taking a statement Tuesday morning.  

A female employee at a business in the 1800 S.E. 1st Street reported her boss yelled obscenities at her during an argument, shook his finger in her face and touched her nose, police said.

Child arrested for forgery

An 11-year-old boy was arrested Monday around 1 p.m. after he allegedly attempted to pass a check at a convenience store in the 800 block of South Oak Avenue earlier that morning. 

Police said the convenience store kept the check, believed to have been written by a grandparent to a company, and called police but did not give the boy money. 

The boy was arrested at his house several blocks away for forgery of a financial instrument.

Recommended for you