A fire Saturday morning in the 900 block of S.E. 3rd Avenue that destroyed a vacant house is being investigated, according to the Mineral Wells Fire Department. The house reportedly had no utilities connected. Emergency personnel responded to a call around 7:22 a.m. to see flames coming from the roof and windows and an open front door, according to police.
• A flat-screen television valued at $800 and a video game system valued at $350 were reported stolen from a house in the 500 block of S.E. 20th Street. The side door of the house was reportedly left unlocked when the resident left the home for between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. Sunday.
• A disabled black Toyota SUV parked in the 400 block of S.W. 19th Street was reported broken into Friday, according to police. A laundry basket containing clothes, assorted jewelry and vehicle parts were reported missing.
Mineral Wells police reported the following arrests:
• Joel Lopez, 30, of Perrin, was arrested Saturday for driving without a license and on an Immigrations and Customs Enforcement hold. He was reportedly stopped for failure to signal a turn. Passengers Rigoverto Trujillo, 26, of Mineral Wells, and Alberto Morales Trujillo, 33, of Perrin, were also arrested on ICE holds.
• Carl Gene Laffoon, 53, of Mineral Wells, was arrested Saturday for reckless driving.
• Darline R. Ober, 43, of Mineral Wells, was arrested Saturday for theft, more than $50, less than $500.
• John Davis, 40, of Mineral Wells, was arrested Saturday for theft, more than $50, less than $500.
• Ismael Ramirez Martinez, 29, of Santo, was arrested for a hit and run, driving without a license, driving without insurance, an open container of alcohol and on an ICE hold.
• Billy Charles Kincheloe, 23, of Mineral Wells, was arrested Sunday for failure to maintain a single lane, failure to display a license, driving without insurance, and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Matthew Dylan Tincher, 23, of Mineral Wells, was arrested Sunday for possession of marijuana and unlawful carrying a weapon.
• Robert Bernard Schnyer III, 33, of Mineral Wells, was arrested Sunday on seven traffic warrants.
• Brittany Kay Jackson, 17, of Mineral Wells, was arrested for simple assault for allegedly pushing and threatening a loss prevention officer at a business in the 600 block of Farm-to-Market Road 1821.
• James Robert-Ray Howell Jr., 49, of Mineral Wells, was arrested Sunday for public intoxication.