The Mineral Wells City Council is scheduled to meet in regular session at 6 p.m. Tuesday, May 19.
The meeting will once again by conducted remotely using a video conference call.
To access the online Zoom meeting:
Join Zoom Webinar at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8803128712
One tap mobile:
Dial by your location
1 346 248 7799 US
1 253 215 8782 US
1 301 715 8592 US
Webinar ID: 880 3128 7127
• Call to order.
• Invocation – Pastor Roland Schultz of Abundant Life Christian Ministries.
• Pledges of Allegiance to U.S. and Texas flags.
Citizens will have an opportunity to address the City Council concerning an issue of community interest that is not on the agenda. Public comments are limited to three (3) minutes per speaker, unless the speaker requires the assistance of a translator, in which case the speaker is limited to six (6) minutes, in accordance with applicable law.
DUE TO THE SUSPENDED PORTIONS OF THE TEXAS OPEN MEETINGS ACT, to address the governing body, each speaker must complete a Speaker Form and provide it to the City Clerk electronically by 5 p.m. on May 18. The City Clerk will read the speaker forms aloud to the City Council. Comments shall address the governing body with civility that is conducive to appropriate public discussion. Comments can address only the governing body and not individual city officials or employees. Per the Texas Open Meetings Act, the governing body is not permitted to take action on or discuss any item not listed on the agenda. The Council may: (1) make a statement of fact regarding the item; (2) make a recitation of existing policy regarding the item; or (3) propose the item be placed on a future agenda, in accordance with Council procedures. An electronic public comment form is available on the City’s website at mineralwellstx.gov and will be sent to the City Clerk from the site.
1. Consider and take appropriate action on minutes of meeting held May 5, 2020.
2. Consider and take appropriate action on budgeted expenditures over $500.
3. Consider and take appropriate action regarding the approval of the Financial Report for the month ended February 2020.
4. Consider and take appropriate action regarding the approval of the Investment Report for the Quarter ended March 2020.
5. Consider and take appropriate action on a pay request from Hangartner Construction, in the amount of $63,232.57, for various repairs to storm-damaged airport hangars.
6. Consider and take appropriate action regarding Draw Request #1 from GrantWorks for Texas CDGB Contract Number 7219280 in an amount not to exceed $15,000.
7. Conduct a Public Hearing, consider and take appropriate action on an Ordinance amending the Zoning Ordinance to change the zoning from CF to SF-6 on lots 6 & 7, Block 4, Outlaw Addition. Any person wishing to speak in regards to this Public Hearing must either use the “raise hand button” if using the computer; or by dialing *9 if calling in at: 1 346 248 7799, 1 253 215 8782, or 1 301 715 8592; Webinar ID 880 3128 7127# at the portion of the meeting when the Mayor opens the Public Hearing.
8. Consider and take appropriate action on adoption of the Amended and Restated Bylaws of the Mineral Wells Economic Development Corporation.
9.Consider and take appropriate action on appointment of Ex-Officio member(s) to the Mineral Wells Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors.
10.Consider and take appropriate action regarding authorization to issue Requests for Proposals for Grant Administrative services and Requests for Qualifications for Engineering services related to the Community Development Block Grant - Mitigation grant program.
11.Consider and take appropriate action on recommendation from City Council Review Committee (council members Doyle Light and Regan Johnson) regarding budget funding for local non-profit organizations.
12.Consider and take appropriate action on report from staff regarding status of progress for swimming pool opening.
13.Consider and take appropriate action on approval of an agreement between the Texas Department of Agriculture and the City of Mineral Wells, Contract number 7219252 for Downtown Revitalization Program.
14.Consider and take appropriate action on approval of an Airport Project Participation Agreement between the City of Mineral Wells and the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) for rehabilitation and remarking selected locations at the Mineral Wells Airport (TxDOT CSJ #1902MNWLS).
15.Consider and take appropriate action on appointments/reappointments to various City Boards and Commissions.
16. Future agenda items/requests by Council members to be on next agenda—Council members shall not discuss or take action on any item that is not on the agenda. A Council member may request that an issue be placed on a future agenda and, if a second Council member supports the request, the item shall be placed on a City Council agenda within two Council meetings.