Following are reports filed by Mineral Wells police based on calls for service for the period Aug. 21-29. Not all calls for service result in a filed report:
WEDNESDAY, AUG. 21
• FOUND PROPERTY – 600 block of FM Road 1821 North, 3:09 a.m. A backpack and bicycle were found behind a store.
• SUSPICIOUS CIRCUMSTANCES – 300 block of N.W. 4th Street, 4:37 a.m. Unknown subjects tried unlocking the door of a residence.
• FRAUD – 1900 block of East Hubbard Street, 1:23 p.m. Debit card abuse reported.
• ANIMAL CRUELTY – 1300 block of S.W. 13th Avenue, 4:01 p.m. Two dogs and a cat left without food and water were seized due to exigent circumstances. The animals taken to a vet clinic for evaluation and then impounded.
• ARREST – 900 block of S.E. 11th Avenue, 8:02 p.m. Victor Sirin, 24, of Mineral Wells, was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of public intoxication.
• DISORDERLY CONDUCT – 100 block of Carl Kessler Boulevard, 9:20 p.m. Two females were issued criminal trespass warnings at a hotel.
• ARREST – 600 block of S.W. 10th Street, 11:34 p.m. A traffic stop resulted in the arrest of Peter Granados, 17, of Mineral Wells, on a misdemeanor charge of public intoxication.
THURSDAY, AUG. 22
• ARRESTS – 100 N.W. 4th Avenue, 1:48 a.m. A traffic stop resulted in the arrests of Sandy L. Kirkpatrick, 24, of Mineral Wells, on a felony charge of possession of a controlled substance 1-4 grams; and Thomas M.Peterson, 25, of Mineral Wells, on a felony charge of possession of a controlled substance less than 1 gram, a misdemeanor charge of marijuana possession under 2 ounces, and on an outstanding city warrant.
• SUICIDE ATTEMPT – 2500 block of S.E. Martin Luther King Jr. Street, 5:11 a.m. A woman was transported to the hospital for an overdose of allergy medication and alcohol.
• THEFT – 600 block of FM Road 1821 North, 6:01 a.m. A male and a female were caught shoplifting at a store.
• THEFT – 600 block of S.E. 13th Avenue, 7:29 a.m. A combination lock used to secure a black and white Mongoose bicycle was cut and the bicycle stolen from a residential front porch.
• THEFT – 500 block of S.W. 21st Street, 11:57 a.m. A tenant said a landlord refuses to return money.
• UNATTENDED DEATH – 400 block of Brazos Drive, 1:16 p.m.
• HIT-AND-RUN – 400 block of West Hubbard Street, 3:03 p.m.
• SEX OFFENSE – 2300 block of U.S. Highway 180 West, 2:39 p.m. A possible sex offender was identified and reported. Police are investigating the information.
• HARASSMENT – 100 block of Country Club Parkway, 4:40 p.m. An ex-husband is sending victim text messages that are upsetting her. Victim wanted a protective order but the cause was not sufficient, police said. An information report was made to document the situation in case of future problems.
• ASSAULT – 2500 block of N.E. 3rd Street, 8:30 p.m. A woman said her ex-boyfriend assaulted her.
• ARREST – 400 block of S.E. 15th Street, 11:51 p.m. A male at a park reportedly gave police consent to search his backpack. That led to the arrest pf Kadias D. Bonner, 18, of Mineral Wells, on a misdemeanor charge of possession of drug paraphernalia.
FRIDAY, AUG. 31
• ASSAULT – 900 block of S.W. 21st Street, 1:46 a.m. A male reportedly assaulted a female during a domestic violence incident.
• ARREST – 400 block of S.E. 2nd Avenue, 4:04 a.m. Zachary A. Burden, 28, of Mineral Wells, was arrested on a felony charge of possession of a controlled substance, methamphetamine, 4-200 grams.
• CRIMINAL MISCHIEF – 500 block of Shady Oak Circle, 7:26 a.m. All four tires on a vehicle were slashed.
• WELFARE CHECK – 1700 block of S.E. 15th Street, 8:13 a.m. A child got out of a residence and was found down the street.
• ASSAULT – 100 block of N.W. 10th Street, 8:35 a.m. A male reportedly assaulted another male.
• NARCOTICS – 3800 block of Ram Boulevard, 9:04 a.m. A report of drug possession at the high school.
• ASSAULT – 1800 block of U.S. Highway 180 West, 12:52, p.m. A female reportedly assaulted another female.
• WRECK – 3100 block of U.S. Highway 180 East, 4:47 p.m.
• FOUND PROPERTY – 600 block of FM Road 1821 North, 7:44 p.m. Tools that fell out of a truck's tool box were collected and placed into evidence.
• HARASSMENT– 700 block of Beetham Road, 7:40 p.m. A female said another female is harassing her.
• ARREST – 200 block of N.W. 8th Street, 11:34 p.m. A traffic stop led to the arrest of Dustin R. Kirkland, 31, of Weatherford, on a parole violation warrant.
SATURDAY, AUG. 24
• INFORMATION – 1000 block of N.W. 1st Avenue, 1:51 a.m. A female was dropped off by MedStar with no place to go.
• ARREST – 100 block of N.W. 6th Street, 7:59 a.m. A traffic stop resulted in the arrest of Christopher J. Lawhorn, 32, of Mineral Wells, on an outstanding city warrant.
• THREATS – 1300 block of North Oak Avenue, 9:40 a.m. Woman said she is being threatened and harassed by an ex.
• ASSAULT – 2500 block of Baylor Street, 9:27 a.m. A woman said her boyfriend assaulted her.
• WRECK – 1400 block of S.E. 4th Avenue, 2:52 p.m.
• ARRESTS – 200 block of East Hubbard Street, 7:23 p.m. Cody D. Chappel, 19, of Wylie, Matthew E. Lee, 19, of Garland, and Sophia A. Olivarri, 19, of Sachse, were each charged with misdemeanor criminal trespass at the Baker Hotel.
• HIT-AND-RUN – 600 block of FM Road 1821 North, 10:41 p.m. A female driver reportedly struck a truck on FM Road 1821 North, and then hit a parked car in ta parking lot before leaving the scene.
SUNDAY, AUG. 25
• ARREST – 100 block of Carl Kessler Boulevard, 4:37 a.m. A man reportedly wielded a large knife in a hotel lobby and parking lot and was arrested. Abner G. Davis, 60, of Mineral Wells, was charged with misdemeanor disorderly conduct-assault.
• BURGLARY – 1400 S.W. 1st Avenue, 10:42 a.m. A shop window was broken.
• BURGLARY – 700 block of S.E. 23rd Street, 10:26 a.m. An unknown person entered a residence that is being remodeled.
• ARREST – 1500 block of S.E. 4th Avenue, 1:51 p.m. A traffic stop resulted in the arrest of Cayden B. Skaggs, 18, of Millsap, on misdemeanor charges of running a stop sign, failing to signal intent to turn and disorderly conduct-affray.
• HIT-AND-RUN – 1800 block of S.E. 13th Street, 1:54 p.m. Unknown vehicle struck a parked vehicle.
• ARREST – 4100 block of U.S. Highway 180 East, 3:08 p.m. A disturbance between a male and his ex-girlfriend resulted in his arrest. Benjamin T. Griffith IV, 31, of Mineral Wells, was charged with misdemeanor assault/family violence.
• WRECK – 2700 block of U.S. Highway 281 North, 6:05 p.m.
• HIT-AND-RUN – 3800 block of Ram Boulevard, 6:03 p.m. A car was struck in the high school parking lot.
• ARREST – 700 block of Brazos Drive, 8:49 p.m. Tina J. Severance, 51, of Mineral Wells, was arrested on an outstanding county warrant.
• ARREST – 3600 block of U.S. Highway 180 East, 11:48 p.m. A female found in the parking lot of a business that had closed for the day was arrested. Christy D. Marshall, 43, of Mineral Wells, was charged with misdemeanor public intoxication.
• DOMESTIC DISTURBANCE – 600 block of S.W. 21st Street, 11:09 a.m. A male and female were separated after a dispute.
• CRIMINAL MISCHIEF – 800 block of S.E. 12th Street, 11:07 p.m.
MONDAY, AUG. 26
• ARREST – 600 block of FM Road 1821 North, 2:07 a.m. Caci D. Porter, 36, of Mineral Wells, was charged with misdemeanor criminal trespassing.
• THEFT – 1700 block of S.E. 9th Street, 9:20 a.m. Lawn décor was stolen from the front yard of a residence.
• THEFT – 3100 block of U.S. Highway 180 East, 1:06 p.m. A shoplifter left a store in the 600 block of FM Road 1821 North and was located in her vehicle. She was stopped on U.S.Highway 180 East. The stolen merchandise was recovered and returned to the store. The female was issued citations for theft under $100 and for traffic violations, and issued a criminal trespass warning for the store property.
• WRECK – 600 block of FM Road 1821 North, 5:14 p.m.
• TRESPASSING – 400 block of S.W. 3rd Avenue, 8:10 p.m.
• ARREST – 600 block of FM Road 1821 North, 9:49 p.m. Jesse D. Tucker, 32, of Mineral Wells, was arrested at a store on misdemeanor charges of criminal mischief and vehicle burglary.
TUESDAY, AUG. 27
• ALARM – 400 block of East Hubbard Street, 10:01 a.m.
• ARREST – 400 block of S.W. 5th Street, 10:34 a.m. Sarah A. Novotny, 26, of Mineral Wells, was arrested on outstanding city warrants.
• ARREST – 700 block of S.E. 12th Street, 6:15 p.m. A domestic disturbance resulted in the arrest of Solomon L. Pettifield, 33, on a felony charge of assault of a family/household member with a previous conviction.
• DISORDERLY CONDUCT – 100 block of Carl Kessler Boulevard, 7:57 p.m. A civil dispute between a hotel guest and employee.
• NARCOTICS – 800 block of S.E. 1st Street, 11:23 p.m. A business employee found a small bag containing a white substance.
• ASSAULT – 3800 block of Ram Boulevard. Simple assault reported.
WEDNESDAY, AUG. 28
• CRIMINAL MISCHIEF – 1550 block of S.W. 12th Avenue, 9:18 a.m.
• ASSAULT – 1500 block of U.S. Highway 180 West, 12:20 p.m.
• THEFT – 1300 block of S.E. 19th Street, 12:40 p.m.
• ARREST – 1300 block of N.W. 3rd Avenue, 6:35 p.m. Arrest made on a city warrant.