Following are reports filed by Mineral Wells police based on calls for service for the period Jan. 22-29. Not all calls for service result in a filed report:
WEDNESDAY, JAN. 22
• DEATH – 800 block of S.E. 5th Street, 5:28 a.m. Unattended death.
• TRESPASSING – 200 block of S.W. 5th Street, 8:41 a.m. A male was issued a criminal trespass warning.
• THEFT – 2100 block of S.E. 18th Street, 9:34 a.m.
• ARREST – 500 block of N.W. 11th Street, 11:57 a.m. Based on a report filed the previous week regarding children being exposed to methamphetamine, Taran D. Marsh, 25, of Mineral Wells, was arrested and charged with two counts of felony child abandonment/endangerment by criminal negligence, and one felony count of child abandonment/endangerment with imminent danger of bodily injury.
• HIT-AND-RUN – 1300 block of S.E. 1st Street, 12:10 p.m.
• ARREST – 1400 block of S.W. 4th Avenue, 12:14 p.m. Lester M. Woodruff, 53, of Mineral Wells, was arrested on a felony charge of sexual assault of a child.
• THEFT – 4200 block of U.S. Highway 180 East, 1:15 p.m. A wheel chair was stolen from a female.
• ASSAULT – 1900 block of S.W. 4th Avenue, 1:56 p.m. A male reported to have assaulted a female during an altercation.
• THEFT – 600 block of FM Road 1821, 2:55 p.m. A male reportedly stole motor oil from a store.
• CRIMINAL MISCHIEF – 1100 block of S.E. 3rd Street, 5:32 p.m. Glass was broken out of a back door at a residence.
• WRECK – 1500 block of S.E. 1st Street, 9 p.m. A driver said he was run off the roadway by someone driving a red Dodge pickup.
• DOG BITE – 1800 block of S.W. 6th Avenue, 9:51 p.m. A female was bitten by a dog.
• WELFARE CONCERN – 100 block of S.W. 17th Street, 10:11 p.m. A female became unresponsive at an establishment.
• VEHICLE BURGLARY – 800 block of Holly Hill Road, 10:43 p.m. The rear window of a vehicle was smashed out. No items appeared to have been taken.
THURSDAY, JAN. 23
• INFORMATION – 3100 block of U.S. Highway 180 East, 12:08 a.m. A female reported a male subject in a car was possibly intoxicated.
• CRIMINAL MISCHIEF – 400 block of S.W. 9th Street, 4:58 a.m. A vehicle was vandalized during the night.
• THEFT – 200 block of N.E. 22nd Avenue, 7:46 a.m. A vehicle's tailgate was stolen.
• ATTEMPTED SUICIDE – 500 block of N.W. 11th Street, 10:33 a.m. Investigation into a male victim with a gunshot wound.
• BURGLARY/ASSAULT – 700 block of Brazos Drive, 11:51 a.m. A home was broken into and a female reportedly assaulted by a male and a female.
• WELFARE CHECK – 3000 block of Airport Road, 12:23 p.m.
• ARREST – 300 block of North Oak Avenue, 12:36 p.m. Based on a complaint from a Fort Worth man, A.D. Garrett Jr., 74, of Mineral Wells, was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of public intoxication.
• THEFT – 600 block of FM Road 1821 North, 2:59 p.m. A female and male subject attempted to steal merchandise from a store.
• THEFT OF SERVICE – 3900 block of U.S. Highway 180 East, 4:21 p.m. A male and female walked out of a restaurant without paying their bill.
• ARREST – 300 block of S.E. 25th Avenue, 5:55 p.m. Marcus T. Brown, 28, of Mineral Wells, was arrested on an outstanding county warrant.
• ARREST – 800 block of South Oak Avenue, 6 p.m. Ashley N. King, 25, of Mineral Wells, was arrested on a city warrant and an out-of-county warrant.
• THEFT/FRAUD – 2800 U.S. Highway 180 East, 8:15 p.m. During a private transaction, an elderly couple was given a counterfeit $100 bill and had $40 cash stolen.
• ARREST – 1700 block of S.E. 25th Avenue, 11:07 p.m. After her vehicle reportedly struck a fixed object, Venessa M. Valdez, 23, of Mineral Wells, was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of driving while intoxicated.
FRIDAY, JAN. 24
• FRAUD – 1400 block of S.E. 12th Street, 8:50 a.m. A security system was purchased using counterfeit money.
• ASSAULT – 100 block of S.W. 3rd Street, 8:13 a.m. A female said she was grabbed by another female, causing her to bruise.
• SCAM – 2200 block of S.W. 5th Avenue, 10:03 a.m. Report made of an internet scam involving the selling of puppies.
• WRECK – 3700 block of U.S. Highway 180 East, 1:21 p.m.
• THEFT – 900 block of South Oak Avenue, 2:37 p.m. The reporting party said there has not been contact with the business he sent his computer to.
• SCAM – 2200 block of S.W. 5th Avenue, 3:42 p.m. Information in reference to an online "puppies for sale" scam.
• ARREST – 1000 block of S.E. Martin Luther King Jr. Street, 3:24 p.m. A domestic incident led to the arrest of Sage L. Taylor, 28, of Mineral Wells, on an outstanding county warrant.
• ARREST – 1700 block of U.S. Highway 180 West, 2:25 p.m. A female said a male used her phone, broke it, then grabbed her wallets and ran out the residence. About five hours later, James D. Delaney, 28, of Mineral Wells, was arrested at a store in the 2800 block of U.S. Highway 180 East on a felony charge of credit/debit card abuse. He was also charged with evading arrest/detention after trying to run from officers.
• THEFT – 1900 block of S.E. 13th Street, 3:10 p.m. A bicycle was stolen from the back yard of a residence.
• THEFT – 600 block of FM Road 1821 North, 4:57 p.m. A male and a female reportedly stole a pair of boots from a store.
• ARREST – 600 block of FM Road 1821, 9 p.m. Previously issued a trespass warning at a store, Stephone L. Lester, 24, of Mineral Wells, was arrested there on a misdemeanor charge of criminal trespass.
• WRECK – 100 block of Country Club Parkway, 11:14 p.m.
• ARREST – 600 block of FM Road 1821 North, 10:31 a.m. Samantha D. Christopher, 28, of Mineral Wells, was arrested on a misdemeanor charge of criminal trespass at a store.
• THEFT – 600 block of FM Road 1821 North, 11:48 p.m. A male reportedly took items off a store's shelf and then returned them for cash.
• TRESPASSING – 700 block of North Oak Avenue, 10:09 p.m. Two males were issued criminal trespass warnings following a brief scuffle at a store, police said.
• THEFT – 600 block of FM Road 1821, 6:30 p.m. A male reportedly stole items from a store by hiding them under his jacket.
SATURDAY, JAN. 25
• VEHICLE BURGLARY – 2800 block of Sharon Drive, 7:51 a.m.
• FRAUD – 1000 block of S.E. 6th Avenue, 8:07 a.m. A female she said was a victim of a "secret shopper" scam.
• CRIMINAL MISCHIEF – 1800 block of S.E. 20th Street, 10:14 a.m. A vehicle was damaged by a small projectile.
• DOG BITE – 1700 block of S.W. 4th Avenue, 12:18 p.m. A child was bit by the family's dog.
• WELFARE CHECK – 700 block of S.W. 16th Street, 2:36 p.m. A step-parent expressed concerns for a child living with their biological parent.
• ARRESTS – 200 block of East Hubbard Street, 6:49 p.m. Police were called for trespassers at the Baker Hotel. Arrested and charged with misdemeanor trespassing and evading arrest/detention were Dakota J. Baker, 20, of Euless; Nathan A. Raya, 18, of Grapevine; and Kathleen T. Leever, 18, of Highland Village.
• THEFT – 600 block of FM Road 1821, 9:10 p.m. A female who reportedly shoplifted from a store was caught and issued a citation for theft.
• WRECK – 2800 block of U.S. Highway 180 East, 10:15 p.m. A vehicle was involved in a single motor vehicle accident. A witness stated three females exited the vehicle and left the scene.
SUNDAY, JAN. 26
• ASSAULT – 300 block of Country Club Parkway, 5:29 a.m. A man said the husband of his girlfriend's sister assaulted him.
• ARREST – 200 block of South Oak Avenue, 1:08 p.m. A woman reporting a theft of prescription medication ended up being arrested, police said. Velvet D. Duley, 47, of Mineral Wells, was arrested on a Parker County warrant charging felony possession of a controlled substance less than 1 gram.
• DISORDERLY CONDUCT – 400 block of S.E. 15th Street, 4:41 p.m. A disorderly conduct incident at a park led to a male being bitten by a dog.
• FRAUD/THEFT – 600 block of FM Road 1821 North, 5:26 p.m.
• ASSAULT – 1500 block of S.W. 10th Avenue, 7:10 p.m. A male reportedly assaulted his common-law wife at their residence.
• DOMESTIC DISTURBANCE – 700 block of Holly Hill Road, 10:33 p.m. A female was angry over the ending of a relationship.
MONDAY, JAN. 27
• DISORDERLY CONDUCT – 100 block of Evergreen Drive, 2:39 a.m. A call for suspicious activity led to discovery of a female being disorderly in her residence.
• TRESPASSING – 200 block of S.W. 5th Street, 8:28 a.m. A male and a female were issued criminal trespass warnings.
• DOMESTIC DISTURBANCE – 400 block of S.E. 17th Street, 12:40 p.m.
• HARASSMENT – 200 block of South Oak Avenue, 8 a.m. A female said she is being harassed by a co-worker.
• WRECK – 1100 block of S.E. 1st Street, 4:02 p.m.
• THEFT – 300 block of Long Drive, 6:54 p.m. A man said someone is stealing water from his residence.
• BURGLARY – 300 block of Evergreen Drive, 7:35 p.m. A male reportedly broke into the residence of his ex-girlfriend and brought stolen items with him.
TUESDAY, JAN. 28
• ARREST – 800 block of South Oak Avenue, 2:57 a.m. Stella L. Owens, 66, of Mineral Wells, was arrested on a city warrant.
• ANIMALS AT LARGE – 500 block of S.E. 17th Street, 11:01 a.m. Two dogs jumped a fence and attacked a dog that was in its own yard. The two dogs were impounded. The owner of the injured dog was notified of the incident.
• ASSAULT – 1000 block of S.E. Martin Luther King Jr. Street, 2:30 p.m. Information report made.
• ARREST – 600 block of FM Road 1821 North, 12:58 p.m. Police on a shoplifting call said a woman was apprehended following a foot pursuit. Dyrenda G. Ankney, 35, of Mineral Wells, was arrested on misdemeanor charges of fraudulent destroying/concealing/removing writing and resisting search/arrest/transport.
• RUNAWAY – 1700 block of U.S. Highway 180 West, 3:06 p.m. A juvenile male left the alternative education campus after becoming upset with his grandmother and left.
• ARREST – 1700 block of U.S. Highway 180 West, 3:06 p.m. Victoria J. Pettifield, 35, of Mineral Wells, was arrested probation violation warrant.
• WRECK – 600 block of FM Road 1821 North, 7:57 p.m. A driver back his car into another vehicle in a store's parking lot.
• ARRESTS – 1600 block of S.W. 6th Avenue, 10:33 p.m. A traffic stop resulted in the arrests of Clifton W. Howeth, 39, of Mineral Wells, on a misdemeanor charge of driving with an invalid license and on a city warrant; and Katherine Westmoreland, 31, of Mineral Wells, on a parole violation warrant.
WEDNESDAY, JAN. 29
• THEFT – 600 block of FM Road 1821 North, 1:20 p.m.
• THEFT – 1000 block of S.W. 3rd Avenue, 2:45 p.m.
• ASSAULT – 3800 block of Ram Boulevard, 7:24 p.m.
• VIOLATION – 3100 block of U.S. Highway 180 East, 8:52 p.m. Violation of bond/protective order.
• THEFT – 1500 block of U.S. Highway 180 West, 10:33 p.m.