Mineral Wells City Council is scheduled to meet is regular session at 6 p.m. Tuesday, April 16, in the City Council Chambers at the City Hall Annex, 115 S.W. 1st Street, to consider the following agenda:
• Call to order.
• Invocation – Pastor Margie Holmes of Central United Methodist Church of Mineral Wells.
• Pledges of Allegiance to U.S. and Texas Flags
1. Consider approval of minutes of meeting held April 2, 2019.
2. Consider approval of budgeted expenditures over $500.
3. Consider approval of Financial Report for the month ended January 2019.
4. Consider approval of Bond Report for the month ended March 2019.
5. Consider approval of Change Order No. 2 and Pay Application No. 7 to B&L Construction Co. in the amount of $114,985.26 for the 16-inch Water Line Installation Project (Phase I) on U.S. Hwy. 180 West.
The agenda packet for Mineral Wells City Council's scheduled regular session on Tuesday, April 16, 2019.
6. Conduct a public hearing, consider and take any necessary action regarding a re-plat of 315 Pasadena Blvd, being 0.551 acres, Lots 11-13, Block 1, of the Pasadena Heights Addition, Mineral Wells, Palo Pinto County, Texas to Lots 1 lR and 13R, Block 1, of the Pasadena Heights Addition, Mineral Wells, Palo Pinto County, Texas.
7. Conduct a public hearing, consider and take any necessary action regarding a re-plat of 3705 U.S. Hwy 180 East, being a 0.861 acres, Abstract 701, Tract 10, Texas and Pacific Railway Company Survey #13, to Lot 1, Block A, Panda Express Addition, Mineral Wells, Palo Pinto County, Texas.
8. Conduct a Public Hearing, consider and take any necessary action regarding a re-plat of a property located at the northeast corner of S.E. 14th Avenue and S.E. 16th Street, being 4.52 acres of Tract 3, Abstract ABl 139TRH Barnett Survey & Abstract AB705TR33 T&PRY CO #25 Survey, Mineral Wells, Palo Pinto County, Texas to Lot 1, Block 1, of the Peaks Addition, Mineral Wells, Palo Pinto County, Texas.
9. Consider and take action to approve an ordinance amending the Zoning Ordinance to change the Zoning Classification on two properties located at the corner of S.E. 14th Avenue and S.E. 16th Street.
10. Consider and take action to approve the use of $7,500 from the South East Park allocated funds of $50,000 for a Topographic Survey and Concept Plan.
11. Receive presentation from Zenergy-Zero Cost Program.
12. Discuss and consider approval of a task authorization with NewGen Strategies for an evaluation of wholesale water rates.
13. Discuss and consider approval of a Supplementary Engagement Letter with Lloyd Gosselink for wholesale water supply contractual legal services.
14. Consider the award of a request for proposal for vehicles and equipment financing, and authorize the mayor to execute any associated financial documents.
15. Future agenda items/requests by council members to be on next agenda. Council members shall not comment upon, deliberate, or discuss any item that is not on the agenda. Council members shall not make routine inquiries about operations or project status on an item that is not posted. Any council member may, however, state an issue and a request that this issue be placed on a future agenda.
a. §551.071(2): [Consultation with Attorney] To consult with attorney on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with Chapter 551 of the Texas Government Code regarding: (i) duties and roles of Mayor, City Council Members, City Manager and City Clerk and (ii) Texas UASWERX agreement.
b. §551.087: [Deliberation Regarding Economic Development Negotiations] Deliberation regarding economic development incentive for retail or commercial business projects seeking to locate or expand within the City: (i) Texas UASWERX agreement.
18. Consider and take action on a resolution approving and authoring the mayor, or the city manager, to execute a funding agreement between the City, Texas UASWERX, The Mineral Wells Industrial Foundation Inc., and Envision Mineral Wells Foundation Inc., in order to establish an Unmanned Aerial Systems Training, Testing and Flight Operations Center at the Mineral Wells Regional Airport.