Three times in the last two years the Mineral Wells Senior Center board has had to seek a new executive director. Each time Bill Smith was a candidate. The third time was the charm.
Led by Rotarian and First Financial Bank of Mineral Wells President Cory Crenshaw, three senior bank officers and Mineral Wells Police Department Det. Sgt. Darby Thomas last Wednesday gave Rotarians a program on financial exploitation geared toward protecting elderly persons from scams and fraud.
Tax-Aide, an AARP Foundation program, the nation’s largest free, volunteer-run tax preparation and assistance service, is seeking volunteers across the state to help Texas taxpayers who are seeking assistance preparing and filing their 2018 tax returns.
- Hospital district disengages, sues CEO search firm
- Dr. Funk to become new Mineral Wells High School principal
- Horton purchases golf course property, plans to bring in investors
- Woman agrees to relinquish dogs in reported hoarding case
- THAT'S TWISTED: Officials confirm tornado hit city
- Canyon's Criswell named Mineral Wells' new city manager
- Council chills mayor's term limits proposal
- PPGH's former CEO pleads guilty to multi-million dollar healthcare fraud scheme
- GET READY LADIES: It's time for another 'Bags, Bingo and Badges'
- POLICE CALLS: March 6-13