Lt. Col. August Pfluger, of San Angelo, has filed to run for the Texas-District 11 Congressional seat currently occupied by Rep. Mike Conaway. Conaway is retiring at the end of his term in 2020.
Pfluger, a graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy and an F-22 fighter pilot with multiple deployments targeting ISIS, most recently served President Donald Trump as a national security advisor.
The father of three girls describes himself as a Christian conservative. And yes, the city Pflugerville near Austin is derived from his family name.
We will have more from an interview with Pfluger later this week. In the meantime, here is a video and a chance to see and hear from him.
As featured on
Lt. Col. August Pfluger II has flown combat missions against ISIS, worked in the White House as a security advisor to President Trump and now wants to represent Mineral Wells and Palo Pinto County in Congress.
This Week's Circulars
Linda Andreatta, 67, passed November 29, 2019, in Fort Worth. Service is 10 a.m. Monday, December 2, at Patillo Baptist Church, with burial in Old Gordon Cemetery. Visitation 6-8 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home.
- Merry Wells goers can take a look inside Baker Hotel
- Mineral Wells football to drop to 4A D2
- City receives favorable ruling in Haunted Hill House lawsuit
- The Strawn and Richland Springs’ story has become a six-man Texas legend
- New Mineral Wells business has a distinct edge
- POLICE CALLS: Nov. 20-28
- Mayor's suit against city moved to federal court
- No. 5 Strawn tops No. 4 Gordon 64-40 for Region 3 crown
- Grand jury returns 27 felony indictments
- McDougal to be honored at ‘Christmas at the Wall’